When applying, mention that you saw this opening listed at TransitTalent.com.
Management of and compliance with ADA regulations as well as responsibility for the Company’s DBE/ MBE/ WBE program with a goal to enhance diversity in bids and awards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: ADA
- Manages the ADA eligibility process in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Able to read, understand, interpret and apply MATA ADA policies and procedures as well as State and Federal ADA paratransit eligibility regulations.
- Regularly audits ADA paratransit applications and approvals and denials.
- Assists in the receipt, tracking, resolution and response of ADA compliance related grievances from the public in collaboration with appropriate departments and services as the point of contact for escalated issues.
- Develops and updates policies and procedures to maintain compliance with all ADA related laws.
- Serves as a MATA liaison by participating in ADA paratransit informational outreach events with diverse groups, managers, customers and the general public as appropriate to promote the paratransit program.
- Must have the ability to build rapport and deal effectively and persuasively with the public, City, governmental officials and agencies such as FTA and TDOT as well as the MATA Board, supervisors and department heads. Must also be able to work effectively with companies and/ or agencies that provide service coordination to individuals with disabilities.
- Reports to Management or the department heads on the observations, complaints, questions, etc. that are identified during public meetings and events.
- Conducts on board observations of MATA’s operating system and facilities to ensure compliance and provides written reports of ADA violations.
- Designs and conducts individualized, structured travel-training session for customers that will enable them to successfully utilize MATA’s public transportation system.
- Conducts staff training on all ADA guidelines to include Fixed Route, Trolley and MATAplus service and facilities, and provides advice, expertise and technical support to Directors and all other departments affected by ADA.
- Responsible to provide data, reports and analysis of ADA data and issues to management.
- Provides reports to FTA, TDOT and/ or other agencies as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: DBE/ MBE/ WBE
- Drafts and maintains a DBE/ MBE/ WBE program plan document in compliance with all applicable local, State and Federal requirements.
- Develops and implements methodology for the Company’s overall DBE/ MBE/ WBE goal and specific project goals in conjunction with Purchasing and Management, and develops and maintains a central repository for DBE/ MBE/ WBE documents and records relating to participation.
- Plans, implements and oversees the overall activities and initiatives that will enhance diversity among our procurement process.
- Oversees and implements MATA’s small business participation program.
- Identifies potential DBE/ MBE/ WBE vendors for all procurement opportunities and works with the Manager of Purchasing to place advertisements in appropriate newspapers and other publications advising minority communities of the opportunity to bid.
- Vets vendors as necessary to ensure compliance with past business and performance practices, and review integrity issues, investigations and compliance with the applicable rules and regulations.
- Keeps current with DBE/ MBE/ WBE minority best practices and represents the Company in commercial networking events and forums in an effort to increase minority business participation in our procurement process.
- Reviews and evaluates bids/ proposals for compliance with participation goals and to determine responsiveness to DBE/ MBE/ WBE requirements and notifies the Contract Administrator of each formal procurement as to whether the bid/ proposal is responsive to the DBE/ MBE/ WBE goal.
- Conducts field evaluations of contractors’ utilization of DBE/ MBE/ WBE subcontractors and also conducts field construction site visits to ensure that DBE/ MBE/ WBEs are performing within the scope of work.
- Reviews contractor invoices and DBE/ MBE/ WBE forms for compliance with established contract goals. Notifies the Contracting Officer of any goal non-attainment or of any DBE/ MBE/ WBE subcontractors not being allowed to perform work as stated in the contract.
- Provides guidance to vendors on the various certification programs as well as recertification.
- Submits in a timely manner required DBE/ MBE/ WBE reports to FTA, TDOT and other agencies as required.
- Provides reports of DBE/ MBE/ WBE participation to management and the Board as directed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- May be required to supervise subordinate staff.
- Must have a proven ability to handle all internal and external customers or stakeholders with courtesy, diplomacy and tact, especially as it relates to controversial or confrontational situations with customers or stakeholders. Displays a service-oriented attitude.
- Assume additional responsibilities as needed.
- Must be able to maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred. Overall experience may be considered in lieu of advanced education.
- ADA Coordinator Training Certification Program (ACTCP) certification is desirable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in transportation or a related field.
- Excellent knowledge of the application and interpretation of the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and Amendments, and local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to accessibility by the disabled.
- Knowledge of FTA regulations relating to DBE requirements is required. Understanding of TDOT and City of Memphis requirements is a plus.
- Experience in developing and implementing training programs is required.
- Must possess good oral, written and supervisory skills and can communicate effectively and appropriately with co-workers, the public and other stakeholders.
- Should possess strong organizational and analytic skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to create presentations and deliver those presentations.
- Should have a working knowledge of the existing MATA route system and the street network of the Memphis area and possess a Class C driver's license.
- Should be able to work flexible hours or extended hours as required for meetings, training, projects or other activities that may take place outside normal office hours.
- Must have the level of mathematical ability required to perform calculation and analysis for reports to FTA, TDOT and other agencies.
- Frequent sitting but will require walking, bending, stooping, standing, pushing and pulling depending on the work to be accomplished.
- Requires ability to withstand exposure to weather conditions, dust, engine fumes, toxic chemicals and extreme noise levels.
- Must dress appropriately and wear a hard hat and/ or other PPE for job site visits.
- May be required to lift or push 20 lbs.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, sight, ability to speak clearly, manual dexterity, hearing, color perception, sense of smell, depth perception and texture perception.
- Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public using a telephone, personal contact or other communication means.
- Physical capability to use and operate office related equipment such as, but not limited to, computer, calculator, copier and fax machine.
The above description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
We invite you to apply with us at http://www.matatransit.com. Just click on the “Career Opportunities” link on the opening page to get started.
MTM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY M/F/H/V EMPLOYER AND SUPPORTS A DRUG AND ALCOHOL FREE WORKPLACE.