The Golden Empire Transit District has an opening for a Marketing Manager.
When applying, mention that you saw this opening listed at TransitTalent.com.
Salary: To be determined
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the District’s comprehensive marketing and public relations program, promoting transit services offered by the District and monitor effectiveness of same.
- Develop and maintain marketing campaigns for special events; directly or through advertising agency or freelance firm involved.
- Coordinate with Maintenance and Operations Departments the resolution of public relations concerns including general transit service to public.
- Promote joint marketing ventures with other public and private organizations, government agencies and businesses in the community.
- Supervise CSR Supervisor, Outreach Coordinator, Graphics Designer and AD Agency.
- Seek methods to involve public/private participation and funding for special transit projects.
- Develop and administer marketing plan that addresses ridership growth and brand awareness and manage marketing budget.
- The preferred candidate will have five years plus of increasing responsible experience in marketing or public relations; an accredited Bachelor’s degree in marketing, mass communications, public relations, journalism or closely related field.
Knowledge of and ability to:
- Knowledge of effective marketing techniques; professional journalism practices; principals of graphic design; principles and practices of effective public relations and communications including writing, television and radio production; functions and operation of public transit systems; Spanish is considered helpful.
- Ability to plan, develop and implement and effective marketing and public information program for small public transit or other publicly supported systems; deal effectively with government supported systems and officials; speak and write effectively; and establish and maintain cooperative relationships.
This is an excellent opportunity with a progressive transit agency that offers attractive compensation, relocation and equal opportunity. Pre-placement physical and drug screen required. The successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Department of Justice background investigation.
Applications may be obtained from the GET office, printed from GET’s website, or completed on GET’s website, www.getbus.org. Golden Empire Transit District, 1830 Golden State Avenue, Bakersfield, CA. 93301. EOE. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.