At the Regional Transportation District of Denver, CO (RTD) our mission is to meet our constituents' present and future public transit needs by offering safe, clean, reliable, courteous, accessible and cost-effective service throughout the District. We look for candidates to join our team in creating a legacy for current and future generations.
RTD is currently seeking a motivated individual with a Bachelor's Degree in Transportation, Business Management, Public Administration or other closely related field of study preferred.
This position requires:
- A minimum of five years of supervisory experience in the field of transportation and/or operations.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in the field of transportation, preferably rail.
- Proficiency in standard budgeting methodologies.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which can include the ability to be 'on-call' on a 24-hour basis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to use sound judgment.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details.
Description of Work:
- An equivalent combination of experience, knowledge, skills, abilities.
This position is responsible for directing the transportation activities of the Light Rail Department by organizing and implementing operational transportation activities; developing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures; and integrating operational procedures within safety and legal jurisdictions of Colorado. This is a safety sensitive position subject to the rules and regulations of the RTD Drug and Alcohol Policy. Applications will be accepted through May 5, 2017.
For a complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.rtd-denver.com/careers
Regional Transportation District (RTD)
Denver, CO 80202 EOE/AA/Drug Free