Spokane Transit has an Ombudsman and Accessibility Officer opening for an experienced and motivated individual. Our core values are TRANSIT: Team Players, Respect, Accountability, Neighbors, Service, Innovative and Training...This position will make sure that we use these values to provide neutral resolution to customers with concerns or questions. As well as complying with all state and federal laws in regards to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Washington State Law Against Discrimination (WLAD).
Salary & Benefits (subject to change):
• $67,471-90,417 Annual Salary – Exempt, DOE
• Great medical plans with low monthly premiums
• PERS retirement (6.12% employee, 11/21% organization)
• VEBA (HRA) contribution of $50/month
• Flexible schedule
• Independent judgment, decision-making, considerable knowledge in communication, problem-solving skills, conflict and dispute resolution, sensitivity to people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Knowledge of related laws, regulations and compliance requirements.
• Ability to analyze complex issues.
• Developing and implementing compliance and accommodation programs.
• See our website for full job description and application
Example of Duties:
• Reports directly to the CEO.
• Serve as the designated STA staff member for questions or concerns from external customers.
• Assist external customers in an informal environment, not as an advocate for the customer or for STA, but as a neutral source of information and referral.
• Manage the policy, procedures and reporting functions of the customer complaint, comment and compliment program, including monitoring ADA complaints.
• Train new operators and customer service representatives on the ADA requirements regarding public transportation.
How to Apply: Qualified applicants will submit a cover letter, resume and a completed STA Non-CDL Application to the HR Department, Spokane Transit, 1230 W Boone Ave, Spokane, WA 99201; email to email@example.com with a subject of Ombudsman; or fax to 509.343.1689 by May 1, 2017 at 4:30pm. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.