Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit, Inc. (TCAT), Ithaca, NY, is seeking a strong Vehicle and Facility Maintenance Manager to oversee the daily operation of the Maintenance Department. This person should be pro-active and creative as they will be responsible for providing solutions to the challenges of personnel, materials, and space. This person would be challenged with overseeing the fleet maintenance and building and facility maintenance through efficient and cost effective operations to ensure safe, on-time, clean and reliable service to our community and passengers. The Maintenance Manager has oversight and approval of purchases for parts and equipment for the maintenance department, provides leadership and direction to the Maintenance Service Supervisor, Lead Mechanics, Mechanics and Bus Handlers to ensure expected level of performance is met by resolving conflicts and making adjustments to schedules and work assignments as needed. The manager ensures maximum availability of buses to meet service commitments by establishing servicing priorities for all work in the areas of running, repair/inspection and servicing.
Essential Functions include:
• Managing vehicle maintenance and service program; establishing and overseeing vehicle routine and preventative maintenance program, warranty claims and work, and NYS DOT inspections.
• Establishing an effective maintenance program to improve troubleshooting techniques of equipment failure and repair.
• Developing a program to decrease equipment failures and reduce downtime through development of key performance standards.
• Providing high level analysis of failure trends through work orders and part usage. Implementing maintenance software to provide data on equipment failures and scheduled repairs, preventative and, eventually predictive maintenance practices.
• Identifying and planning needed training, creating job standards, correcting work habits, following established policies, and develops time standards and new processes to enhance the reliability and look of the fleet while working with the Acting General Manager.
For the full position description and to apply, please visit our website at www.tcatbus.com.
TCAT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply by mail: TCAT, Inc. Attn: Human Resource Generalist 737 Willow Avenue Ithaca, NY 14850